Hey guys, I just wanted to take some time to let you know what's in the works for the server in the near and distant future.
As you probably know, we talked about limiting the number of hoppers that can be placed on an island to 500 because of the severe lag that they were causing. We have delayed on this because there is some work being done on the Minecraft server software that we use that might completely remove the lag caused by hoppers, which means we wouldn't need a cap.
We might see an update with this in the next few days, and I would very much prefer not to have to put in an artificial hopper limit, so I am going to wait and see how it works out. Note that if it does not work as suggested we may still have to go forward with the Hopper limit.
We are still recruiting for the Build Team (find the link to the application in the "Information" section above). The Build Team is responsible for building hubs, dungeons, events, and more. If you are interested and meet the following qualifications, feel free to apply!
- Decent skill building things in Minecraft. If you have examples on your creative plot we would love to see them.
- Able to communicate and work as part of a team. We have a lot of massive projects planned that will require multiple players to complete in a timely fashion, so being a team player is a must!
- Active on the server at least a couple of days a week.
- Friendly and get along well with others.
- (preferred) Experience using WorldEdit and/or VoxelSniper.
The rank / package shop is going to get a complete overhaul in the next couple of months. We will be switching over to a system that complies with the latest Minecraft EULA and adheres to a policy of positive spending. What does this mean?
- Ranks will be redesigned so that more emphasis is placed on cosmetics and less on things that give players advantages over others (less pay to win). Note that this will not affect current ranks.
- A new server-wide rewards system will be implemented. Basically, players will be able to increase the server-wide Rewards Level by doing things that help the server such as purchasing items in the shop, voting for the server, referring friends, and more.
- As the Reward Level increases, more and better server-wide rewards will be unlocked for every player!
- We will also be introducing more gift packs like the 4th of July and Canada Day packs in the shop that players can purchase to benefit all players.
Note that this is just an initial plan and the details might change. We are also interested in your feedback for what you would like to see in the shop, so keep an eye out in-game for polls.
New Lobby and Survival Server
A new massive lobby is in the works that will serve as the hub for all of the different worlds, both existing and planned. This will be a place that you can explore and over time we plan on adding a lot of different fun stuff and mini-games that you can do here.
After the lobby, we plan on releasing a new survival server. The new server will be an entirely different map and we are working with a custom generator and custom content to try to provide a unique survival experience.
These are both very much in the starting phases but we are focused on having them finished ASAP.